Saturday, October 22, 2005

Spinach & Goat Cheese Pizza

Pizza seems like the perfect fall Friday night supper. The ingredients usually depend on what I have on hand and last night it was a lovely bunch of organic spinach. After rolling and spreading out a rectangle of prepared pizza dough on an oiled cookie sheet, I carmelized two sliced onions and added some mushrooms. Finally, I added the fresh spinach and tossed it in the onion/mushroom mixture for about 3 minutes. I then spread the mixture on the dough, added some herbs, black olives, dollops of goat cheese, a sprinkle of grated parmesan and baked it in a 450 degree oven until the crust was crispy. Delicious and quick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG thank you for this! I was just this minute craving a spinach and goat cheese pizza, and your recipe sounds delicious! No idea of how to go about making one on my own, until now. I'm going to get the ingredients and try it! I've bookmarked your site.

Thanks again,

Nancy