Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ginger Chicken

Last night , I tried to be creative with two boring chicken breasts and came up with a spicy and aromatic sauce with the crunch of slivered almonds and the sweetness of raisins. I sauteed a large shallot in olive oil, browned the chicken breast and covered them with white wine. While they were simmering I added 2tbs powdered ginger ( fresh ginger would be better but alas I didn't have any on hand)2 tsp curry powder, large handfuls of raisins and slivered almonds and covered the pan. When they were done and the sauce thickened, I added a dollop of creme fraiche to compliment the pungent spices. I served the chicken and sauce over pappardelle pasta with some french green and yellow beans with baby carrots ( the frozen combo from Trader Joe's is excellent especially if you steam them until crunchy). Not so boring after all!

No comments: